CDL B DRIVER W/ HAZMAT AND CT EXPLOSIVES TRANSPORT LICENSE
Maine Drilling & Blasting | Middlefield, CT
Maine Drilling & Blasting is seeking a CDL-B HazMat Driver with a CT Explosives Transport License to work out of our Middlefield, CT, facility. Tanker endorsement is preferred but not required.
To safely transport and deliver explosive supplies (hazardous materials) to company job sites. Records deliveries and pick ups on a load manifest and obtains necessary signatures. Performs pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order. Maintains neat, clean, professional appearance for vehicle and self. Daily activity includes: loading/unloading, driving, and paperwork.
- Safe and timely transport of explosives supply using Class B vehicles. Position may periodically utilize class C vehicles on an as needed basis.
- Maintain accurate load manifests and all other vehicle documents ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Receive product at magazine sites and properly stores in inventory.
- Load product from magazine to appropriate distribution vehicle.
- Unload product to appropriate ground crew at job site.
- Assure that all loads and materials are properly secured
- Assure that all DOT safety rules and regulations are met including accurate log-book and daily safety check information documentation
- Assure that all state and local traffic laws and regulations are followed
- Keeping vehicle clean and maintain recommended maintenance schedules
- Effectively communicate work status to supervisor/dispatcher and offer cooperation to maximize truck time utilization
- Represent the Company in a positive and professional manner
- Prioritize multiple assignments
- Promptly report all vehicle incidents/accidents and traffic violations that have occurred during the course of performing commercial driving
- Submit to Federal DOT required drug and alcohol testing
- Flexibility to start the day at any time based on a pre-determined job schedule. Notice will be provided by 5pm of the prior day.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently, under pressure to meet deadlines, and offer adaptability with changing priorities.
- Field operations meetings and training as needed
- All other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Class B CDL license with Haz-mat Endorsement, Tanker Endorsement preferred, DOT medical fitness card, and acceptable driving record.
- Valid CT Explosives Transport License
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Two or more years of successful class B commercial driving experience (internal trainee may be consider, however, must hold appropriate license and have acceptable driving record)
- Solid understanding of Federal DOT/New England State regulations as it relates to hazardous material transportation, trucking and interstate commerce
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position.
- Ability to lift 50 - 80 lbs.
- Outside environment in all weather conditions.
- Work on uneven and loose surfaces.
- Stooping and bending 30 - 40% of the time.
- Out of town/state travel and overtime may be required.
Maine Drilling & Blasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We pride ourselves in being an employee-owned company that has been the employer of choice for over 51 years.
Must successfully complete pre-employment process including: MVR review, pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background screenings.
Competitive Salary and Compensation Package, including Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401(k) Plan with Company Match, Health, Dental, and Vision Plans, Company-Provided Life Insurance, Optional Short/Long Term Disability Plans, Bonus Programs, and more.