Clinical Scientific Curator (Part-Time - Remote)
The Jackson Laboratory | Farmington, CT
Clinical Scientific Curator (Part-Time)
* This is a remote-based position.
The part-time (20 hours/week) Clinical Scientific Curator will curate and interpret information about human genomic variants and their relationship with protein function, drug efficacy, and clinical trials. Utilizing subject matter expertise, the content curator will specifically collect and assimilate data from scientific literature and other sources into the JAX Clinical Knowledgebase (JAX-CKB).
- Curation of CKB maintenance variants greater than 12 months old (75%)
- Curation of newly imported clinical trials from ClinicalTrials.gov (10%)
- Participation in QA/QC projects as assigned (10%)
- Curation of efficacy evidence lines form peer-reviewed literature (5%)
- PhD in oncology, genetics, genomics, cellular biology, or molecular biology
- Demonstrated knowledge of next-generation sequencing technology, genomics, molecular diagnostics or cancer biology
- Ability to quickly assess, interpret, integrate, and reassemble relevant medical and scientific literature
- Previous experience as a curator and/or knowledge of scientific databases preferred
- Demonstrated effectiveness in technical writing and oral presentations
- Strong attention to detail and organization required
- Team player with the ability to work independently
The Jackson Laboratory (www.jax.org) is a nonprofit biomedical research institute with over 1,800 employees across three campuses nationwide. Our mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for human disease, and to empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health. JAX's research institute in Connecticut, The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine (JAX-GM), is transforming medicine by improving patient care, lowering costs, and increasing life span and health span. JAX-GM’s research focuses on the complex genetic causes of disease, and on the development of genomic solutions tailored to each person's unique genetic makeup.
INTEGRITY - Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE - Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM - Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE - Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION - Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP - Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off and tuition reimbursement. JAX offers an MBA program, a fitness center with an award winning wellness program, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about at opportunities at JAX at http://www.jax.org/careers