Drill Training Supervisor
Maine Drilling & Blasting | Bloomfield, CT
Maine Drilling & Blasting's Equipment Services Group seeks a Drill Training Supervisor. This key role instructs, develops and supervises Driller Trainees and Drill Operators in the safe and efficient operation of drilling activities in accordance with desired company standards to achieve anticipated drill production, drill supply utilization and machinery care and maintenance.
- Train and supervise the development of Driller Trainees and Drill Operators to understand and comply with all daily maintenance activities required for safe, efficient operation of assigned equipment
- Educate and ensure that all Drillers understand and comply with Company Safety Policies
- Educate the Drill Operator in the different drill patterns and terminology so they are able to execute drill pattern and layout as established by the Blaster Foreman
- Instruct and educate the Drill Operator in the methods to maximize the usage of all drill supplies
- Instruct and educate the Drill Operator in Inventory accessories, understand cost of accessories, maintenance drill accessories, etc.
- Ensure that the Drill Operator understands the importance of communication of any problems and terrain conditions (example: depth and overburden) to the Blaster/Foreman
- Instruct drilling & collaring holes in deep overburden.
- Instruct changing rock conditions and train proper adjustments to run optimum drill utilization.
- Instruct and educate the Drill Operator in the importance of following the Field Accounting system and be able to accurately complete and submit timely dill reports, hole sheets and a signed timecard
- Advise senior level management of potential worksite problems, work performance problems, scheduling difficulties, etc. assist in preventing/resolving such issues as requiredAbility to complete and maintain training documentation
- Basic computer knowledge and skills
- Maintain liaison other departments (Purchasing, Engineering, etc.) as required to support construction schedules
- Perform all drilling activity as required when not training to include drill operation and winter maintenance
- Participate in monthly Foreman, periodic safety and job site meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid Driver's License with own transportation
- Minimum of five (5+) years of solid proven background in all phases of drilling equipment, operation and maintenance.
- Must have good verbal communication skills and ability to lead training activities
- Ability to supervise and evaluate performance drilling performance
- Must have a mechanical/hydraulic background with electrical knowledge or willingness to learn
- Must of a great deal of patience with working with others
- Must have good team skills when working with various divisional personnel
- Must have own tools that are above and beyond normal driller requirement
- Out of town/state travel required
- Ability to lift 75 lbs often and to work on uneven and loose surfaces
- Stooping and bending frequently