Howard P. Fairfield, LLC | Columbia, CT
WH Rose, a division of HP Fairfield and the Alamo Group, has an immediate opening for an Equipment Installer at our Columbia, CT facility.
The overall function of this blended position is to mount tilt fronts, dump bodies, hydraulic hoses and/or tanks according to specifications and blueprints, using appropriate drills, welder, torches, band saw and to prep and paint surfaces of transportation equipment.
The duties of this job will include but are not limited to the following:
Installation: Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly and welding. Lays out, positions, aligns and fits components together. Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding. Sets up equipment and welds parts, using appropriate welding equipment to mount tilt fronts, dump bodies, etc.
Can perform 1 out of the 3 primary functions:
- Welding: Lays out, fits, cuts and welds fabricated parts as necessary, using appropriate tools and welding equipment to assemble or install dump bodies, handle stands, valve stands, and any other parts and equipment according to blueprint for equipment.
- Electrical: Installs electrical equipment on plow trucks and dump trucks including running wires, mounting brackets, switches, and control boxes following electrical codes, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, air tools, etc. as necessary. Tests all installed equipment and wiring using appropriate electrical and/or electronic test equipment to determine proper functioning and installation of electrical equipment. Makes adjustments as necessary.
- Hydraulics: Selects equipment, plans layout, and assembles or installs hydraulics on equipment according to blueprints.
- Assist in the painting application.
- Remove grease, dirt, paint or rust from vehicles surfaces in preparation for paint application.
- Fill small dents or scratches with body fillers and smoother surfaces to prepare vehicles for painting.
- Buff and wax the finished vehicles.
- Disassemble, clean, and reassemble sprayers or power equipment, using solvents, wire brushes, and cloths.
- Dispose of hazardous waste in an appropriate manner.
Come join our team! We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefit package! To be considered for this position, please click the "Apply Now" button to be re-directed to our career center to complete your online application.