Market Research Analyst
The Jackson Laboratory | Farmington, CT
The Jackson Laboratory is seeking a Market Research Analyst to work in this fast paced and dynamic environment. Working under minimal supervision, this individual is responsible for independently and collaboratively developing and executing market research projects that generate actionable market and customer insights. Primary responsibilities include conducting in-depth market, industry, customer and competitive research and analysis in both domestic and international markets to identify market trends and opportunities and inform product positioning and competitive selling. This position has the unique opportunity to directly impact business decisions across the entire portfolio of the Jackson Laboratory.
Develop and execute primary market, industry, and customer qualitative and quantitative research projects including:
- Design and implement surveys and discussion guides using in-house tools and resources
- Manage all fieldwork (in-house and outside research firms as needed)
- Data analysis – in conjunction with other in-house and public datasets – to identify key trends and opportunities
Distill data into relevant trends and actionable insights and proactively communicate through:
- Detailed, fact-based reports, including executive level summaries of key takeaways of market trends as related to new product planning, market plans, competitive positioning and other business environment changes.
- Direct engagement with cross-functional business teams to build market knowledge and support development of marketing plans in all segments and all regions
Directly support major sales and marketing initiatives through procurement and distillation of relevant internal and external data sources as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA or Master’s preferred
- 2-5 years general marketing or business experience, including experience with quantitative methodologies. Direct customer-facing experience preferred.
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’ and bring fresh new ideas and perspectives to drive demand creation, improve product positioning and identify new business opportunities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability. The ability to conduct research, appreciate data significance for stakeholders and modify research approaches with minimal oversight.
- Hands-on experience with statistical data analysis software (Excel, MiniTab, SPSS, SAS, R, etc.). Proficiency with standard business software tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Ability to navigate and interrogate relevant scientific resource databases and develop expertise using survey design software platforms (i.e. SurveyMonkey, Sawtooth, Qualtrics).
- Must have ability to work on site at any of the three Jackson Laboratory campuses in Farmington, CT, Sacramento, CA, or Bar Harbor, ME
Please submit a cover letter and resume as one document to complete application process.
The Jackson Laboratory, (JAX, www.jax.org) is a nonprofit biomedical research institute with over 1,800 employees whose mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for human disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health. JAX’s research facility in Bar Harbor, Maine is a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center and a world-renowned expert in mammalian genetics. JAX also has facilities in Sacramento, California, and The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine in Farmington, Connecticut.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging and heart disease.
The Jackson Laboratory's 43-acre scenic campus is nestled between the Gulf of Maine and the mountains of Acadia National Park. Some of the best hiking and biking in the world (over 50 square miles of mountains, lakes, views and dramatic coastline) is accessible from our campus. We are one mile from downtown Bar Harbor, which offers a vibrant downtown district with a plethora of restaurants, shops, museums and galleries.
INTEGRITY - Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE - Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM - Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE - Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION - Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP - Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off and tuition reimbursement. JAX offers an MBA program, a fitness center with an award winning wellness program, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.