Postdoctoral Associate - Laubenbacher Lab
The Jackson Laboratory | Farmington, CT
Dr. Reinhard Laubenbacher, Principal Investigator
About The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine: Comprising 183,000 square feet of highly advanced, state-of-the-art laboratories and supporting facilities, JAX-GM is conveniently located midway between NYC and Boston in the heart of Connecticut's growing bioscience industry. Our mission at JAX-GM is to discover the complex causes of disease, develop diagnostics and therapeutics, and ultimately empower the global medical community.
JAX-GM is part of an exciting, internationally-recognized research and educational institution with unparalleled genomic resources and research support services. Seeking to advance personalized medicine, we draw on the institution's distinguished history and on the innovative expertise of our growing faculty, who are recruited from among the world’s top scientific labs and institutions.
About the position: The Postdoctoral Associate will join the Laubenbacher Lab at JAX-GM and will play a key role in a project to build mathematical models of tumor evolution and tumor heterogeneity, using single cell genomics, transcriptomics, and tumor microenvironment data. Of particular interest is the relationship between tumor heterogeneity and resistance to therapies.
Find out about the distinct advantages enjoyed by our Postdoctoral Associates here.
Responsibilities will include model development and coding, some data analysis, design and interpretation of model validation results, in collaboration with other research groups.
- PhD in related field
- Experience with agent-based modeling
- C++ code development experience
- Some experience with cancer genomics
In addition, JAX Postdoctoral Associates benefit from:
- Research training and mentorship from award-winning faculty
- Individualized career advising and a dedicated Postdoc Program Office
- Superior scientific services and unparalleled mouse resources
- A uniquely collaborative academic research environment
- Guidance from JAX's Postdoctoral Training Committee to help you succeed
- Professional skills workshops including JAX's holistic The Whole Scientist course
- Free access to JAX’s world-renowned Courses & Conferences programs
- Outstanding benefits and salary compensation above the NIH scale
- Generous relocation assistance and free on-campus parking
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please include a cover letter along with your resume/CV. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
MORE ABOUT JAX
JAX began in 1929 with a small group of scientists dedicated to the emerging field of genetics. We now have over 1,700 scientists, technicians, and support staff, including over 50 Principle Investigators in five primary disease areas: cancer, reproductive biology, immunology, metabolic processes and neuroscience. Our fundamental contributions to biomedical research include cancer genetics and establishing the mouse as the premier research animal model.
- Uncover more of our historic milestones, including the 26 Nobel prizes associated with our research, resources, and education
- Read our latest news & insights for a glimpse at how we’re impacting the future of biomedicine
- Follow the progress we’re making on our quest to improve human health via our recent research highlights
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.