Postdoctoral Associate - Ouyang Lab
The Jackson Laboratory | Farmington, CT
Postdoctoral Associate – Computational Biology
Dr. Zhengqing Ouyang, Principal Investigator
About The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine: Comprising 183,000 square feet of highly advanced, state-of-the-art laboratories and supporting facilities, JAX-GM is conveniently located midway between NYC and Boston in the heart of Connecticut's growing bioscience industry. Our mission at JAX-GM is to discover the complex causes of disease, develop diagnostics and therapeutics, and ultimately empower the global medical community.
JAX-GM is part of an exciting, internationally-recognized research and educational institution with unparalleled genomic resources and research support services. Seeking to advance personalized medicine, we draw on the institution's distinguished history and on the innovative expertise of our growing faculty, who are recruited from among the world’s top scientific labs and institutions.
About the position: A computational postdoctoral research position is available in the Ouyang Lab at The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine. The Ouyang Lab develops statistical and computational methodologies for analyzing high-throughput omics data. Areas of interest include but are not limited to 3D genomics and transcriptomics, single-cell omics, and regulome dynamics in development and diseases. For more, visit the Ouyang Lab online.
Exceptional candidates will have the opportunity to apply for prestigious postdoctoral awards in The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine. Fellows will be joining The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine in Farmington, Connecticut.
Find out about the distinct advantages enjoyed by our Postdoctoral Associates here.
- PhD training in computational biology, bioinformatics, statistics, computer science, applied mathematics, physics, engineering or a related quantitative area
- Proven research experience and publication records in computational biology
- Mastery of a statistical language (such as R) as well as a script language (such as Python)
- Familiarity with Unix and computing in high-performance computer clusters
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
In addition, JAX Postdoctoral Associates benefit from:
- Research training and mentorship from award-winning faculty
- Individualized career advising and a dedicated Postdoc Program Office
- Superior scientific services and unparalleled mouse resources
- A uniquely collaborative academic research environment
- Guidance from JAX's Postdoctoral Training Committee to help you succeed
- Professional skills workshops including JAX's holistic The Whole Scientist course
- Free access to JAX’s world-renowned Courses & Conferences programs
- Outstanding benefits and salary compensation above the NIH scale
- Generous relocation assistance and free on-campus parking
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please include a cover letter along with your resume/CV. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
MORE ABOUT JAX
JAX began in 1929 with a small group of scientists dedicated to the emerging field of genetics. We now have over 1700 scientists, technicians, and support staff, including over 50 Principle Investigators in five primary disease areas: cancer, reproductive biology, immunology, metabolic processes, and neuroscience. Our fundamental contributions to biomedical research include cancer genetics and establishing the mouse as the premier research animal model.
- Uncover more of our historic milestones, including the 26 Nobel prizes associated with our research, resources, & education
- Read our latest news & insights for a glimpse at how we’re impacting the future of biomedicine
- Follow the progress we’re making on our quest to improve human health via our recent research highlights
EEO: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.