Research Assistant I
The Jackson Laboratory | Farmington, CT
Research Assistant I
Dr. Se-Jin Lee, Principal Investigator
About The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine: Comprising 183,000 square feet of highly advanced, state-of-the-art laboratories and supporting facilities, JAX-GM is conveniently located midway between NYC and Boston in the heart of Connecticut's growing bioscience industry. Our mission at JAX-GM is to discover the complex causes of disease, develop diagnostics and therapeutics, and ultimately empower the global medical community.
JAX-GM is part of an exciting, internationally-recognized research and educational institution with unparalleled genomic resources and research support services. Seeking to advance personalized medicine, we draw on the institution's distinguished history and on the innovative expertise of our growing faculty, who are recruited from among the world’s top scientific labs and institutions.
About the position: The Research Assistant I works under direct supervision. Incumbents in these positions are learning the context and implications of the research program in order to apply and interpret theoretical knowledge necessary to conduct research in one or more scientific disciplines. The range of duties includes, but is not limited to: project planning, experimental design, developing methodology, conducting procedures, data collection and analysis, assisting in the preparation of publications and reports. Incumbents must demonstrate and model effective mental concentration, visual attention and manipulative skills.
- Conducts tests, experiments, and/or procedures following standard or detailed protocol; identifies and documents variations that may affect the validity of the experiment.
- Data collection and analysis. Performs quality control, monitors data for accuracy, uploads data to database system within agreed upon timelines with supervisor.
- Validate and conduct studies based upon standard experimental protocols within the agreed upon timelines with supervisor/technical manager. Ensure functionality and maintenance of instrumentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or related discipline OR 1-3 years of related experience
- Fundamental computer skills, including familiarity with Excel and Word
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate information verbally and in written form
- Ability to demonstrate effective mental concentration, visual attention and dexterity
- Ability to interact with all individuals in a productive, professional and positive manner to enhance the outcome of the goals of the research program
- Established understanding of good safety practices and a demonstrated history of safe conduct
- Proven ability to organize time effectively and work under time constraints, meet deadlines and prioritize work
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please include a cover letter along with your resume/CV. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
MORE ABOUT JAX
JAX began in 1929 with a small group of scientists dedicated to the emerging field of genetics. We now have over 1,700 scientists, technicians, and support staff, including over 50 Principle Investigators in five primary disease areas: cancer, reproductive biology, immunology, metabolic processes and neuroscience. Our fundamental contributions to biomedical research include cancer genetics and establishing the mouse as the premier research animal model.
- Uncover more of our historic milestones, including the 26 Nobel prizes associated with our research, resources, and education
- Read our latest news & insights for a glimpse at how we’re impacting the future of biomedicine
- Follow the progress we’re making on our quest to improve human health via our recent research highlights
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.